Sunday, August 05, 2007

Tips for living with a brick layer

If you don't want key items that belong to you house to end up on the job site here are a few tips:

1) Buy only pink Nalgene bottles. This only works if the situation is not too desparate. I discovered him coming home with a pink Nalgene bottle with a flower on it last week after I reclaimed all my other Nalgene bottles and put them back in my hiding spot.

2) Stow all the your yard hoses, shoeverls, and rakes under lock and key.

3) Keep your measuring tapes in your sewing room. He probably won't think to look there.

4) When spring comes, he will have absconded with all your hoses, rakes, and shovels, even though you locked them up. Plan on buying new ones.

2 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

You can also plan on having awesome fireplaces in every house you own. And you can have a fire pit in an hours work, but you don't even have to do the work. And you may never have a sand box for your kids, but you can plan on a sand PILE.

I'm glad to see Dad embracing his feminine side with the pink Nalgene bottles. Hahaha.

MT Missy said...

Also, when your kids have school projects encourage him to help, because you'll get really great results, like that neat castle he constructed for "my" reflections project, or the extra help I received on the shelf I made in woodshop...and the list could go on and on. :)