Sunday, August 17, 2008

What I Been Doin'

I haven't been blogging, but I have been....

Hangin' out with the GK's







(Pippi & Bardo writing letters to their foreign cousins.)

(When you are two, grandpas who like to 4 wheel are the coolest!)

We have been noticing Turkey Legs and Prudence aren't here. But we are so glad they are staying abroad and taking good care of their kids. Although we miss them, we wouldn't want our little grandkids dragged half way across the world, having their schedules and lives upset to gratify our whims. We LOVE our GKs!

I went to girls' camp. I did some sewing on 112 pieces of flannel for the girls to turn into dolls for Humanitarian Services.







Went hiking with friends and relatives




Enjoyed nature



(fairy slippers)



Went camping with friends but would like to have done more.







We left our camper just off an exit on the interstate 120 to the south and headed south 4 hours for a family reunion. Then, we came back, picked up our camper, and headed home for a 10 hour driving day. The camping and fishing were a blast. Fortunately I worked on sewing the binding on a quilt for the driving portion.

The YM and YW pulled weeds and painted fence for a facility that helps some disabled people yesterday.

The summer is almost over, and I am contemplating going into mourning. Still, there are lots of great fall hikes and camping I can do....So maybe I'll suck it up. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Prudence said...

I'm glad you posted what you have been doing. Pictures are so much easier for me to visualize. So was fire season better this year? I haven't heard much about it?

MT Missy said...

It has been fun, and you're right, much too short...we should go snow shoeing/cross country skiing when I come home for Thanksgiving.

Hey Pru, fire season has been the UN-fire season this year, we've been sooo fortunate! A couple of places have caught fire, but fortunately they were immediately put out.

Unknown said...

You're right the fall is always lovely in Montana! I hope you get to crunch some leaves!