Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Guided Fishing Trip

I was going to tell you about our two floats on the Blackfoot river last weekend (eat your heart out), but I forgot my camera. A post is so much more fun with pictures. Instead this post is about my guided fishing trip. This trip was a birthday present from Wilbur, so it was originally supposed to be on my birthday. But since it snowed on my birthday, we rescheduled to July 14. Thank heaven! My friend Eloise came since Wilbur had to work. I got the idea he didn't want to come anyway.

Wilbur contracted with really nice man from church who is a professional guide and outfitter. I was pessimistic about catching anything because I usually don't. Well, Eloise and I caught at least 6 or so fish each. While we didn't get to keep the fish (code of the guides, I guess), we did get to keep the pictures we took of them. Most of the fish we caught were 17 inches long. I caught two 20 inchers. This was so cool. I learned so much: how to land a fish, improve my casting, feel when I have a bite, and "mend" the line. I also learned I have a tendency to daydream and miss that I have bite which would account for me not catching anything. I had a completely wonderful time.

The first fish I caught.
Eloise caught the first fish of the day.





This was a 22 incher I caught. I didn't like to only have a picture of a fish, so my compadres are in the picture.









4 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

That looks like a blast. I'm glad you got to go, and those fish are beautiful.

MT Missy said...

I'm so glad you had such a fantastic time! You now have a great fish-tale and evidence to prove it!

Unknown said...

Awesome Mom! How cool to go on a guided fishing trip! The fish look great. Next you will have to go on your own so that you can eat the fish too!

Prudence said...

That looks like so much fun. I'm glad you caught fish. You guys all look great in those pictures! We miss you!