Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vacation 09







A week ago we got back from vacation. The greatest thing happened before vacation. Wilbur got a nice bike! The first day we went for a eight mile loop on our bikes. It was a tough eight miles because of uneven roads and uphill. It was beautiful and fun, though. Wednesday we went looking for the old Chinese mines where they have ladder up the side of a cliff and waterfalls. We got really close, but the actual site might be on private property. When Jose and Sophia, and Linus and Lucy showed up we went treasure hunting at an old mine dump. There is no shortage of mines where we camped. There is one above our camp that is still operating. There were sign saying "No mineral entry" all over our campsite. I left my gold pan at home, so the sign posters didn't need to worry.


Lucy particularly liked prospecting. I think she has gold and sapphire fever. Later ,we rode to a lake where the big fish are rumored to be, but got rained out. Well, we were at 7300 feet, and it rains a lot up there. This summer it seems to rain a lot anywhere. I also posted a picture I took last night of a beautiful cloud. It was much more interesting in person from my vantage point in my rocker on my deck.


I might have to borrow some one's cute little kids, so I have something really fun to post about like the Silly Witch and Eglantine. I've seen lots of exhausted parents at church who would love to oblige I'm sure.

2 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

I wouldn't be offended if you borrowed someone else kids since we aren't there. In my ward we have a grandma who isn't really a grandma but she just begs for a baby to hold every Sunday. And if you ask her, she'll even come teach your older kids how to cook a yummy meal. But when we come visit, you're ALL ours. Deal?

Unknown said...

I love seeing pictures of your adventures. It sounds like you went on an awesome bike ride. I love the view, your picture looks pretty even if it's not the same and the real deal.