Sunday, October 17, 2010

Orville the Kid





I was randomly thinking about Orville the other day and giggling at his antics as a little boy. I remember that he loved the Disney Movie Flight of the Navigator. He thought the line, "See you later, Navigator!" was hysterical.
Orville was the only one of the children that was a biter. As a two-year-old, if something wasn't going his way, lookout! He would bite and then sit there innocently with an expression that said, "What's this all about?I'm just sitting here minding my own business."
He was about five months old when Prudence and Petunia went back to school after summer vacation. He became really fussy every morning when they left for school. I would venture to guess he was wondering where his entertainment committee went.
When we moved into Leisure Village while we built our house, Orville loved it! There were kids everywhere to play with. He thought Laser (as he said) Village rocked. One of the kids there was devastated that Orville had to go with our family when we moved.
Orville's uncle gave us an animated video of some raisins singing a certain kind of music which Orville watched every morning. Later we were at the mall when one of the songs from the video came on. He turned to me and said, "That's raisin music!"
I wouldn't have missed out on having Orville in our family.

4 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

I cannot imagine our family without him, either. He is still hilarious.

Unknown said...

Ahh Orville! I love to remember him using the metro-nom as a bomb, falling asleep behind the couch and we couldn't find him, and going crazy during the championship soccer game when he played goalie: I have never cared so much about whether a team won or not! (they won!)

Prudence said...

I'm glad Orville's my brother too!

MT Missy said...

Ah the memories! He was awesome then and nothing has changed in that regard. I remember playing lava and good and bad guys with him, dressing him up in dresses and watching him prance around in them while we all giggled (He had to have been only 2 or 3), and listening to him practice over and over counting to 10 in Korean when he took Taikwando. I love you lil' bro!