Sunday, September 18, 2011

Training the New People

Dear Orville and Carmen,

It has been an interesting couple of weeks taking care of the new people, but I am enjoying it. Training them is quite a chore, though. I am showing them how to play some great games, such as: pull the clothes off the clothesline, chase the neighbors and their dog down the lane, chase the deer, and Frisbee. I've decided to drop the balls and Frisbees for Wilbur. But if the Prairie Smoke wants them, she can come and get them. Heh heh heh. I love tug of war. Although, I trained Prairie smoke to have two things to throw. When I won't give her back the frisbee, she throws the tennis ball. Then I drop the frisbee and chase the ball. I like being busy.
Before I came, these weird people were throwing perfectly good gigantic, old summer squash away. I had to show them some new uses for it.



Some of my past-times are going for walks and chewing up clothespins. I've been walking through the field, on the road, the Open Space trails, and by the creek. When a guy is hot, that creek is terrific. You can drink out of it or lay in it. The clothespins have a great crunch for chewing. My use of clothespins helps Prairie Smoke learn to keep them picked them up. It's about time she learned to do that anyway.


While I'm here, I'm doing a few favors for the grandkids. You know that bike pouch for the new Cars bike that Flash Junior didn't like? I've taken care of it. No one will ever bug any of the grandsons to use that on a bike.



Wilbur and Prairie Smoke added new fencing to the backyard. I don't know why they did that. I liked jumping and climbing over the lowest wall. It was a fun challenge. Some people don't know how to have a good time.


I like being outside most of the time. Funny how even on an 80 degree day a little sunbathing feels so good.


Max thinks it is beneath his dignity to notice me. I guess you can't please everybody.


Love,

Harvey

3 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

Brilliant. Who is this? Did you get another dog? Or is in Orville and Carmen's?

Unknown said...

It is Orville and Carmen's to be returned in December after Carmen graduates.

Unknown said...

So funny mom! Harvey is in heaven! You have a great way of describing it all, i feel like I've been there the last two weeks. I like you!