Sunday, January 01, 2012

New Years Resolutions

1) Be able to win a Reece Witherspoon look-a-like contest by September.

*Alternatively: Make a concerted effort not to look in the mirror too closely at the wattle I seem to be forming

2) Keep a positive mental attitude.

*Alternatively: Limit whining about going to work full time to every other day.

3) Keep my speech free from all swear words.

*Alternatively: Limit usage of "oh crap" to once a day.

4) Walk four miles every day and do yoga three times a week.

*Alternatively: Go hiking with Eloise every week and leave the chocolate peppermint brownies at home.

5) Keep the house clean enough to show to all our acquaintances at a moment's notice without embarassment.

*Alternatively: When company comes, hide all clutter in the mudroom and blame any mess I miss on Wilbur.

3 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

I love your realistic goals!!!

MT Missy said...

They sound like very worthy resolutions! :)

Unknown said...

I heard Silas say "oh crap," the other day and I realized I say it quite frequently. I Also will try to limit its use!