Sunday, July 01, 2012

Fishing Excuses





We floated the Blackfoot yesterday and I made the mistake of attempting to fish.  I am the kind of angler you see once in a century.  I lost two lures, one right after another.  Then, I ran out a 150 feet  fishing line off Wilbur’s reel and into the river.   I wrapped line all the way around the raft twice and around the oar and oar lock when the raft went into a spin and I couldn’t reel in.  Let’s face it, I should only fish under Wilbur’s strict supervision.  And he’ll only supervise if I bribe him with cookies. Dave caught a fish near the end of the trip, so we know there are fish in the river.  

Below are only a few of the reasons we came up with for not-so-great fishing.


1)  The moon is not in the right phase.


2)  All the fish are on the other side of the river.


3)  The water is too clear.

4)  The water is too muddy

5)  It's too early in the day.

6)  It's too late in the day

7)  I brought the wrong pole.

8)  I brought the wrong bait.

9)  The fish are napping.

10)  Jehovah's Witnesses are tracting the river, and the fishing are hiding out.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Their are always excuses! This made me laugh! Thank you mom!

MT Missy said...

It JW's for sure. Bwahahahaha!

The Silly Witch said...

The fish must have congestion and can't smell the bait.

The water's too murky.

Quinn wasn't there to call them forth.