Sunday, August 05, 2012

Keeping Peace in the Family

I believe harmony in the family is of the utmost importance, particularly with the SILs (Sons in law) and my only DIL (daughter in law).

To refrain from annoying my DIL, Shelley, I have decided not to ask Orville if he wants me to send him his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pillowcases.  No, Orville, they will NOT look great on your bed.  To avoid from being a prime irritant to Petunia's husband I pledge to NOT come for a month long vacation, even though traveling to their house takes three days.  In order to keep peace with Boris, I pledge to forgo mentioning to Eglantine sales involving stuffed animals.  I solemnly swear not to tell Flash's kids how fun I think running a marathon would really be.   And Hermione next time you leave your purse at the Staggering Ox, I will pretend something like that has NEVER happened before.


So when I irritate you, just remember that I don't mean to, and I am trying my best.  From the book of Prairie Smoke Chapter 5:3 "He who hath never irritated anyone, let him first cast a stone."





3 comments:

Unknown said...

You cannot get rid of of those pillowcases! My boys love them when they visit. Orville cannot have them! ;)

Prudence said...

You're funny! As I read somewhere, God doesn't judge us until the final judgment, it's the least we can to do for other people! Aren't we all just trying to do our best? You're great! Love you!

Evan said...

I've already begged and pleaded with Shelley, but to no avail.