Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mysteries

Today I finally dealt with a box of old slides my parents left.  In them, I discovered old slides of some of my children circa 1980.  I got to reminscing about the old days.  My mind rambled to some mysteries I've always wondered about. I wondered if some of the mysterious happenings around our place would ever be solved.  For instance:

Who poked three holes the size of a pencil in the waterbed mattress just as we were selling it?

Did Prudence draw the huge color crayon mural in the girls' bedroom on Diamond Springs or was it Petunia, and she framed Prudence?

Who used scissors to slice the Quaker Lace tablecloth my mother gave me?

Who continually hid half-eaten apples behind the livingroom couch?

Some things were never meant to come to light in this life.  Don't think you're off the hook, though.  In the next life, I'm asking.

3 comments:

Prudence said...

Don't worry, I'm getting my just dues now, finding half eaten apples under my couch!!!!

The Silly Witch said...

I was thinking the apples and the crayon drawings were probably me based on the behaviors of my own children!

Unknown said...

Totally! I am blaming the apples on silas! And.. i am the innocent daughter!