Sunday, December 15, 2013

Wilbur: Art Aficianado



Until now, Wilbur has never been a fan of art.  Usually his remarks about famous paintings he sees are something like this, "My grandkids can paint better than that."   Since Melissa completed the family tree painting all that has changed.  This is a painting with merit in Wilbur's mind. Here are some reasons that have led me to the conclusion that he loves this painting:


  • He wanted me to have it framed as his birthday present
  • He brings all of his employees into the house to admire the painting
  • He tells everyone we meet, from the slightest acquaintance to close friends, about the painting and invites them to drop by and see it.
  • Any person who comes to the house, including the Fed-Ex delivery man, is invited into the house to admire the painting and walk through the genealogical information it contains.
Yes, he loves it.  I love it too.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it too! It is beautiful and meaningful- both important aspects in art. So amazed with the artist and all her hard work!

The Silly Witch said...

Wow. That is stunning. I can't wait to view it in person.

MT Missy said...

I Love It. So glad we have such talent in the family, and such a rich family history.

Evan said...

So Glad Dad likes it! What started as a simple family tree from last thanksgiving has sure turned into something spectacular!

Prudence said...

I had no idea it was going to be that amazing!