Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thankgiving







Although the commercial community has a tendency to focus on Halloween as the beginning of the holiday season and completely ignore Thanksgiving and skip directly to Christmas, I think Thanksgiving is one of the most wonderful holidays of the year. I can't think of anything more important to focus on than being grateful. And no people in the history of the world ever had more to be grateful for than citizens of the United States. I am seriously annoyed with those who refer to Thanksgiving as "Turkey Day" as if eating turkey is the only thing worth thinking about on this day.

I am grateful for freedom to be in charge of my own life.

I am grateful for family.

I am grateful for opportunity.
I would go on, but this list would never end.

This year for Thanksgiving we entertained nieces, nephews, a grandparent, and a friend. Their company made the holiday even better.

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

it sounds like you had a great holiday. I am glad to see that you all gathered around the piano to sing. It looks like Dad even sang a few songs.

Prudence said...

Looks like fun! I always feel like I miss out since I live so far away! Aren't telephones wonderful, so that I don't feel too far away!

MT Missy said...

It sure was a great one, wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten you took pictures while we were there!

Thank you again for inviting us for the holiday - it was a great day!