Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Wilbur's Birthday




Wilbur celebrated his birthday yesterday. Or more accurately, I celebrated Wilbur's birthday. He thinks all the to-do I make over birthdays is kind of silly. If I followed his guidance on holiday celebrations, they would be completely eliminated. Someday I might take his suggestions, "just don't buy anyone any presents" "Don't get me anything for Christmas." I have a sneaking suspicion he wouldn't really like the outcome of his own advice.

He wanted to have steak at home rather than going out. I have to agree that the steak we make at home is much better than when we eat out. We ended with a chocolate birthday cake.

As is usual for me, my chocolate layer cake strongly resembled the leaning tower of Pizza. I don't know why, but there are skills in my cooking that are completely missing. Fortunately, Wilbur's talents with a trowel is a crossover skill for frosting a cake. He wanted to repair my mess, so I turned it over to him. Then, he disagreed with my candle lighting methods and took over. Men are bossy I think. The large candles represent 10's, the smaller one represent 1's.

5 comments:

Prudence said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! I was excited to see them! Happy Birthday to Dad!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Dad! I think you are funny mom! And I like all the whoopdi whoo you make over birthdays. I do it too!

The Silly Witch said...

Mom, you are right. No one would be happy if you didn't make a big deal about birthdays.

Prudence said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prudence said...

Now that Turkey Legs is out of isolation, one question remains unanswered...where are the yellow M&M toppings? HBW