Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Santa Haters






When Petunia turned two, I thought I would never have to spend time during the Christmas season waiting in line to see Santa. She was an avowed Santa Claus hater. She could not even be in the gymnasium with him. When he would come to our church Christmas party, we had to leave. Petunia would scream "No! No!" whenever the jolly old elf came within a quarter of a mile of her. You would have thought we were showing her the "Chucky" horror movies and telling her that Chucky was Santa. Prudence followed suit. She did not like Santa any better than her sister, although she didn't scream at him quite as loudly.

After Prudence and Petunia, I decided most little kids must be afraid of Santa. Then Eglantine turned four and mentioned she would like to have her picture taken with Santa. My children/Santa theories went out the window, and I dressed up Eglantine and Hermione and took them to the mall.

So Petunia and Prudence, you have only yourselves to blame for having no pictures with Santa.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh What Cute girls you have! :)

The Silly Witch said...

You know, I somehow don't feel bad about that. Pippi this week has been begging to go get her picture taken with Santa. This is the first year she's begged to do it, and she even knows the truth about Santa. So I guess I should dress her up and take her. You've set a good example, Mom!