Sunday, January 20, 2008

Winter Seeks Us Out



At last winter has found us. Last week it was so dry and dusty, a vehicle traveling down the road would raise a plume of dust. We woke up this morning to an abundance of snow. Hurray! This is a great blessing!

I had to take the four wheel drive to church. I couldn't get my gas saver car down the lane without burying it in snow. Hiking from our house to Garage-mahal in a dress was a wet, cold business through drifts up to my knees. My only regret is that a picture of me in my Sunday dress with hiking boots is not available for publication in some of the more prestigious fashion magazines.

The labrador retreiver mix doesn't see that a low of -20 is any reason to skip his daily walk. He thinks the snow is fabulous. Enroute to Garage-mahal he drove through drifts, jumped them and rolled on top of them. He LOVES snow. I would post a picture of Wilbur's perturbed countenance due to this weather event, but he went to a meeting.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurray for Mountains of Snow and Snow in the Mountains! I wish I could see a picture of you tromping through the snow in you dress:)!

The Silly Witch said...

If only one could take a picture of oneself while trudging through the snow.

Prudence said...

Only if we could get a blizzard like that in Japan!!! I think the forecast for Thursday's "SNOWSTORM" is 3-6 in. Hope the hangar lasted through the storm, naturally...

MT Missy said...

Hurray for an abundance of snow at last!! My wish for Montana this summer, is that it has sufficient moisture to prevent any and all forest fires.