Sunday, January 25, 2009

Things I Resist

Who says I have no self discipline? There are plenty of things I am tempted to do, but I never have done them....yet. Here are a few:

  • After going through the checkout at Costco, I am always tempted to run as fast as I can pushing my shopping cart. When the cart achieves maximum speed, I want to jump on top of it and fly through the doors.
  • Covering my ears and loudly humming when a speaker won't wrap up his (usually a him) talk and runs sacrament meeting over.
  • Doing pirouettes, leaps, and curtsying to the trees as I walk up a hiking trail.
  • Offering the Kirby vacuum salemen the opportunity to kneel and kiss my ring.
  • After hearing an annoying, preachy speaker, yelling, "Oh yeah? Make Me!"
  • Gathering all the 7 and 8 year olds to do the Charleston with me as a half time show during Men's church ball.
  • Billing the doctor for time I've spent in the waiting room.
  • Throwing myself on the floor in the prayer position and yelling "Salami! Salami! Yes, master!" when I am being scolded.
  • Diving in the middle of the clothes racks at the department store and yelling "It's got me! Help! Help!"
  • Sticking out my tongue at a rude sale person.
  • On a very windy day, putting on my ice skates and finding a big sheet of ice. Then unfurling a parachute to see if it will fill up with wind and pull me.

4 comments:

MT Missy said...

I struggle to resist several of those things, too...hehehe....your list was hilarious, thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

I love you Mom! I think you better do ballet through the forest next hike in the spring. I bet you would find some Lady Slippers. They have probably been waiting to meet a dancer!

Prudence said...

I can think of a number of things I resist doing . . . . !.

The Silly Witch said...

So funny! Although, if you can find a parachute, I think you should throw caution to the wind and brave the last one.