Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sayings

Grandma R.:
"You are a regular Gadianton Band." - We were being too wild.

"My word! You have Gaposis!" - Our dresser drawers were not shut all the way.

"It will never be better than it is right now." - She said this when she served a fresh cake right out of the oven.

Grandma L.:
"Tomorrow is another day." - We had a bad day.

Grandpa R.:
"Fair to middlin'" - We asked him how he was today.

"Were you born in a barn?" Our table manners left something to be desired.

I told him to wait and he said, "That's what broke the wagon."

"Hells Bells!" - Grandma overdrew the checking account.

"Enough is enough and too much is a plenty by damn!" Quoting his mother.

3 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

I love those sayings. They brought a smile to my face.

MT Missy said...

Those were fun...it was easy to picture each of the in my mind, saying these things.

Unknown said...

Hey I am heard those before, and even said a few of them myself!