Sunday, December 20, 2009

When the Kitchen Belongs to the Man

He made the announcement.
I cleared out.
Party Mix is what he's all about.



For several weeks,
He's shopped around.
Nuts and cereal now abound.





Hand-picked crackers,
Lots of nuts.
Our Party Mix has lots of guts.


He cranks up the stove.
He stirs and measures.
The smell of Party Mix is a pleasure.




Our family tradition of 32 years.
He began making it,
In our younger years.




So here's to traditions.
Make some of your own.
Before you know it, your children will be grown!

3 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

I'll be making that for sure this year--complete w/ Goldfish crackers and cashews. I wonder if I will ever stop feeling homesick at Christmas time.

Unknown said...

Kael said, "I want some mommy!" And I agree! I want some!

MT Missy said...

It was delicious! I feel homesick for the whole family sometimes, too, Maren.