Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Skiing WAS Great







My friend and I went cross country skiing Friday, just before the winds were scheduled to hit 30 or 40 mph. The skiing was wonderful. It was even more wonderful that I got new skis. When I took my old skis into be waxed, the technician told me I had worn all the edges off them. Actually, I don't think those skis ever had good edges. Anyway, no edges accounts for difficulty stopping. I learned an unorthodox way to control my speed: put all my weight on one ski while putting the other ski in front and using it like a plow to stop me. I will teach this technique to anyone with edgeless skis. Although, I recommend skis with edges over stopping this way. I love being able to do a normal snowplow to stop and slow down!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun! Wish I could've been there? And whoa holy winds! I was just in awe at how powerful wind can be.

Anonymous said...

Very fun! It looks like it was a beautiful day to go skiing!

MT Missy said...

Snow has so many wonderful advantages over the yucky sleet/snow/rain we've been experiencing here today.