Thursday, July 28, 2011

Unusual happenings on the home front:

1) I left my good camera out on the lawn in two down-pours. My blog will probably have a lot fewer pictures. Sniff.

2) For a couple of weeks Wilbur has been having weird email problems. All signs pointed to someone hacking into his email account.

Last night he received four emails from a business. A phone number was included. Wilbur phoned the number, asked them why they were messing up his email and left his cell number while I came unglued. I was certain it was a scam.The phone number was on the level. The business called back.

Turns out someone of the same name reactivated their google account from a few years ago. The same number of years ago that Wilbur had similar problems with his email account. Not only, did the person have the same name, but they could answer the security question because their dog has the same name. The owner of the business is going to have a talk with Google about how Google could have let this happen. I'm interested to hear their explanation.If you have emailed Wilbur and got no response, his email partner probably deleted you email as spam.

3) For a few weeks a good sized buck with a nice set of antlers has been hanging around. The buck has been heartily enjoying the abundant yellow clover and alfalfa from the June rains. Unfortunately, he is not very afraid of people anymore. A big buck with big antlers is something to be afraid of, if you have any sense. Brody, the neighbor's dog, found this out first hand when he decided to chase the buck last week. Brody ended up ducking under a fence as he ran for his life with the buck in hot pursuit.

Today, while I was biking down the road an older man in shorts and with a tourist print shirt came down the road. He informed me that there was a 16 point buck in the field. Obviously, the guy is not from around here. I managed to preserve my gravity as I heard about the "16 pointer," looked to the west and, sure enough, there was the neighborhood buck enjoying the yellow clover and alfalfa behind Delight's old house. The guy told me how the buck let him get really close so he could take a good picture of the buck. As if the buck not running away was a good thing. Then I REALLY knew the guy isn't from around here. I am glad that he didn't get tromped and gored by our neighborhood "16 pointer." And I hope he's satisfied with his pictures because I haven't recertified in first aid for a very long time.

2 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

Sorry about your camera. That really stinks. Luckily, you are a good writer and can give us beautiful verbal snap shots of what is going on in your life.

MT Missy said...

Oh No! Crazy....and Oh Deer..ahem I mean Dear!