Sunday, November 20, 2011

Kids Struggling in School

I substitute taught four times. Once I've substituted with the Resource kids and once with kids struggling in Math. I'm no expert, but I have an idea for a study that should be done. There isn't a grad student alive who would be brave enough to do this study. Still, I would love to see the statistics of the following study:

How many kids struggling in school come from a stable, two parent family where the mother stayed home, because she wanted to, to rear the kids?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

They probably would be more afraid of the findings: Kids benifit from a mom who gives up a career to be there for them!

The Silly Witch said...

I bet there is a study done. However, the findings are probably not so popular...

Prudence said...

Good question!!!

MT Missy said...

I know they've done studies about socioeconomic status, and they openly acknowledge a larger portion of the middle-class has one parent that stays at home to parent, and speech and language delays are signficantly lower than in the lower socioeconomic groups.