Sunday, January 13, 2013

Grandkids for the Holidays


It’s the first day of New Year, and I took down the tree
And found Nerf bullets – three.

On the second day of New Year I washed the walls
And tripped on six magnetic balls.

 The third day of New Year I spent sick in bed
With the kids’ stomach flu bug that I dread.

On the fourth day of New Year I still was not OK
And had to stay inside all day.

On the fifth day of New Year I out the window I did gaze
As a smear of jelly on the woodwork I did raise.

On the sixth day of New Year I ran all the wash
And found teeny pairs of underwear and socks.

On the seventh day of New Year I cleaned under the bed
There were Rolos and candy canes – red.

On the eighth day of New Year the freezer I did clean
There I found a race car that was green.

On the ninth day of New Year the cabinet I did wipe
And N’s precious, handmade card I swiped.

On the tenth day of New Year the bathroom I did muck
And picked up two hot pink bath-toy ducks.

On the eleventh day of New Year I washed prints off the glass
And sighed to think our grandkid fun was past.

On the twelve day of New Year I took a two hour nap
And longed to hold my grandkids on my lap.

Miss you all!

4 comments:

The Silly Witch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Silly Witch said...

That is so sweet! We miss you terribly and would love to be sipping hot cocoa by the fire with you.

MT Missy said...

Miss you too! I wish I was sipping cocoa by the fire with you too!!

Prudence said...

I love your poem. Your are always so creative! Miss you guys.