Sunday, February 15, 2009

Quilts & Trash Pickers

This week I learned that Webelo Scouts like picking up trash a whole lot more than they like reading about citizenship in their Webelos Book. They also like rice crispy treats quite a bit.




My Delightful friend , Charmaine, is finishing a quilt. Her husband's first wife died suddenly and never was able to finish a quilt. So Eloise, Charmaine, and I are finishing this quilt in her memory. It is a hand quilted quilt. There is always hope that my hand quilting could turn out respectably.







Peanut also came to visit and brought his parents along.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think hand quilting looks difficult. Good luck! We always like it when Kael takes us along to visit his Grandparents!

The Silly Witch said...

The Webelos look like very cute boys. And I think that it's very nice of you guys to finish that quilt. I'm sure she's smiling from Heaven.

MT Missy said...

That's quite the contrast in activities: with one you have to wash your hands when you finish, and with the other you have to wash your hands before you begin! :)

Prudence said...

I think it would be fun to hand quilt and have an excuse to get together with your friends and chat while doing something productive. Cute picture of Peanut!!!