Sunday, March 01, 2009

Squirming


Sometimes church events cause squirming. Most of our cub scout committee was squirming when the person bringing the taco meat, taco shells, plastic knives and forks, paper plates, and napkins did not show up for the Blue and Gold dinner Thursday until 5:55 p.m. The dinner was supposed to start at 6:00. Squirm, squirm.


On Sunday as I left church, I heard a ten year old girl in my Primary class ask her Dad was sexual promiscuity was. Naturally she asked him in a long, fairly narrow hallway hall as two-thirds of the members of our ward shuffled by on their way out the door. And she asked her Dad in front of the three or four men her Dad was visiting with. Squirm, squirm.


The super scouter in our ward asked my if the scout training I received was helpful. I never want to lie, and I don't want to hurt her feelings. Squirm, squirm.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ya I've had a few "squirm, squirm" moments this week too!

The Silly Witch said...

Unfortunately, I've squirmed a little this week, too. And I dealt with a squirming toddler during Stake Conference today, too. Will we ever outgrow this?

MT Missy said...

I understand that, it's been a squirmy week for me too, with job decisions and such!

Prudence said...

I'm sure you won't have to lie abou the scout training, I'm sure you can pick out ONE thing you learned from it!!!