Monday, May 25, 2009

Mischievous Max


The other day I just caught myself before I said, "Would you pick those matches up off the floor, so Max doesn't get them and start lighting fires?" I have decided that there is no reason an 80 pound chocolate lab needs to spend all day inside the house during nice weather. I have been demanding he spend the better part of the day outside. The result is that Mischievous Max is often up to no good.


He swiped the neighbor's deer head off his porch. Twice. (Don't ask me why our neighbor still has the head of the deer he got last hunting season. Maybe he wants the antlers. Maybe his wife finally demanded he get it out of the freezer?) He adorns our yard with all kinds of gross stuff. You'll feel better if I don't describe it. Suffice it to say that I had to have him wormed. I really don't want to know where he got the unfamiliar yogurt containers, but I hope none of the neighbors saw him do it. They might welcome his next foray with a shotgun.


When not in search of food, he is digging spots in the lawn to lay in or rototilling my flower beds in search of bones he buried last fall. The only mischief I acquit him of is the peach pit I found buried in the raspberries when we moved them Saturday. Orville probably did that.

4 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

Hmmmmmmmm. Is he getting senile in his old age or has he always found unconventional ways of entertaining himself?

Unknown said...

What a funny dog! And I think you are right to blame orville!

Kelli said...

your stories crack me up! But I can't figure out who Orville is? is that a cousin of mine?? I hope that isn't offensive that I don't know :)

Unknown said...

Orville is the baby boy in our family.