Sunday, June 07, 2009

Wet & Wild



This weekend Eglantine, Eglantine's friend, Ariel, and Hermione ran the 5 K in a local race. June 6 arrived with rain that eventually turned to snow, for the coldest Governor's Cup ever. I baby-sat Peanut because I was afraid he would freeze sitting for a long time in his stroller. It was 36 degrees and he wouldn't be warm from exercise like the runners. Poor Peanut he had a few hard moments being away from his Mom and Dad. I found out he likes Sponge Bob. I also found out Sponge Bob is kind of a crude cartoon. I wonder why producers of children's shows want to have their characters talk about boogers etc.? This teaches children great social behavior, I suppose?

After the race, we ate at the Real Food Store and took Ariel to the Pan Handler. Next time she comes, we will go to some of the other stores.

Today arrived kind of cloudy and wet, so our new neighbor took this opportunity to burn some of the trees he knocked down to build his house.

3 comments:

MT Missy said...

It was a good weekend, wasn't it?

The Silly Witch said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday weekend!

Spongebob can be a little crude and weird. It's definitely not for kids who imitate behavior from television.

Instead, it's for big kids (like me) who enjoy the multi-layered humor. I really love Spongebob's character. He's completely without guile. He always see the good in people, and he works really hard and always has the best of intentions. He also blows a mean bubble. It's the Loony Tunes of our generation, I suppose.

Unknown said...

I am so glad you watched peanut! He would've froze in the stroller, and i ran a lot faster not having to push! We had a fun time!