Sunday, June 28, 2009

She Speaks Dog


One of the delights of our having our visiting foreigners was getting to know Flash and Prudence's daughter Sparkle at age 6. I would have posted a better picture, but Sparkle has decided she doesn't want her picture taken. This was the best picture I get get without her knowledge and with the use of a zoom lens.
Sparkle loves our chocolate lab Max. Max must realize she is a sympathetic spirit because he confides in her. We would hear the things Max was saying often during the day:
Max is sad because we are leaving
Max says he wants in
Max says he likes sleeping in a tent
Max would like a hot dog
After listening to Sparkle, I realized that I am ignorant of a lot of aspects of Max's life. For instance, I know nothing about Max's spiritual life when Sparkle asked, "Does Max fast?"
It dawned on me that Max has never indicated one way or another about his artistic preferences when sparkle wanted to know, "What is Max's favorite color?"
And I saw that I have been pretty cavalier about remembering special occasions when Sparkle asked, "When is Max's birthday?"
Although she loves Max, Sparkle disapproved strongly of his eating habits when she found out he doesn't like vegetables. I loved getting to know Sparkle at age 6 and Max is suffering AWS (attention withdrawal syndrome from LOTS of attention).

3 comments:

MT Missy said...

Max is definitely suffering from AWS...too funny!!

The Silly Witch said...

Love it! Ah, if only I could have been there to kiss that girl. I love the six year-old imagination.

Prudence said...

She's definitely a wonderful girl to have around!