Sunday, June 14, 2009

Outing






We saw this headstone near an old cow camp.

Looking into the Madison Range

Ruby Reservoir







This week we went to Ruby Reservoir. The fishing was lousy, but the four wheeling and flowers in the mountains were wonderful. The Ruby Valley is really, really green. Although I am getting an idea about the Ruby Valley and Ruby Range. Since we have been four wheeling, we have seen two rattlesnakes - both times near Sheridan. On Friday was saw a four foot rattler in the road. Fortunately, we were in the truck. We stopped while it rattled at us and disappeared toward the creek. I wish I could have zipped out my camera out fast enough to get a picture.
We enjoyed visiting with Jose and Sophia and then zipped home for a restful Sabbath. While our trip was fun, it sure doesn't approach all the cute kid stories my kids have to tell. Pretty soon you will have time to camp on the weekends , but no cute stories. ENJOY!

3 comments:

MT Missy said...

You failed to mention how you booby-trap camp chairs :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! What a fun weekend excursion!

Unknown said...

I want to hear about boob-traping camp chairs!