Sunday, September 12, 2010

Influences


Because of my Dad's influence:

1) I frequently preface my statements with the words, "Actually,...." or, "Well, actually..."

2) I love rocks: all kinds of rocks and fossils too.

3) I sometimes correct Wilbur. For example, Wilbur will say, "Last February 12." I will say,"Actually, it was the 11th of February at 4:27 p.m..." Wilbur will then say, "Thank you, Sid."

4) I always carry matches in my backpack, even for a day hike. This probably saved my life once.
5) Hunting something for its rack or horns just does not compute for me. When you hunt, it's because you need meat. You don't want the meat, you don't hunt. Period. Only a scumbag kills something if he doesn't need the meat.

6) I love to read.
7) I love high school football and basketball.


4 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

Pippi's a corrector as well. It must be in her blood.

So I'm coaching Pippi's volleyball team this year. Cool, eh?

Anonymous said...

aw - this makes me miss Grandpa. How fun to remember him and his little quirks!

Unknown said...

Wow it is amazing how grandpa has influenced me too, through you!

MT Missy said...

It's amazing the things that aren't physical attributes that are carried along our family tree!