Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mom's Influence


Because of my Mom's influence:
1) I always wash my hands after petting the dog.
2) I firmly believe in the value of education.
3) I don't automatically assume that the doctor is right.
4) I like to save money making my own clothes.
5) I value good nutrition.
6) I don't have a subservient bone in my body.
7) I learned to pick my friends on the basis of what kind of people they are, not what religion they are. When I had a church calling serving with a woman from Utah who fussed and fumed about her kid's lack opportunity to make friends with other church members here, I have to admit to a certain amount of disgust. Growing up, I knew kids who were members that I wouldn't want to be friends with and kids who were nonmembers that were great friends. I found that this observation held true for my kids also.

3 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

I adore your Mom. And I adore you. And I probably should always wash my hands after petting my dog.

Unknown said...

Yup I wash my hand too after petting a dog. I wonder if Grandma ever thought that when she was teaching you, she was also teaching me: one of her grand children.

Evan said...

She was a great friend!!! and it wasn't just because she was a member of the church :-)