Sunday, March 18, 2012

Enough Already

As you all know I am a Webelos Leader. Most of the boys in my troop live 15 to 20 minutes out of town, so their parents pick them up from school and bring them to scouts in town. Every meeting, except the Clay Arts Guild trips , somebody is late. (When we go the Guild I tell them 4:00 sharp - the Guild means it!) And this irritating.

Another ward holds their cub scouts and activity day the same day of the week that our ward holds these events. People from this ward live in town, so their kids are usually at the church 15 to 20 minutes early waiting for things to start.

EVERY week a nice lady from the other ward walks by my class and say, "Your children aren't here yet?" EVERY week she wants an explanation.
This is VERY irritating, and boring. My explanation is: 1) our children have farther to travel; and 2) some parents just don't care if their kids are late. The explanation never varys. Some kids are late most every week and for those same two reasons. Because I'm already annoyed with the lateness, this repetitive questioning and explaining is boring, tedious, and irritating.

I am considering trying Hermione's suggestion. Hermione suggested that next time the nice lady asks, "Your children aren't here yet?" I should reply in shocked tones, "What! They're not! Your kidding! I thought they were passing of their aquanaut badge in the baptismal font!" Any other suggestions?

3 comments:

MT Missy said...

Or perhaps, they're earning their invisibility merit badge right now. Haven't you worked on that one yet?

The Silly Witch said...

I love Hermione's suggestion, and I want to hear all about the woman's reaction when you use it.

Unknown said...

I like Kristy's response too! lateness is so annoying and no one needs to fuel the fire!