Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tired of Being Silent

People who don’t agree with my views think my silence is golden. This week I decided I am fed up with being silent.

I am tired of being silent as people espouse the views that homosexuality is natural and normal and maybe even good. It seems from the liberal media and my liberal friends believe that I not only have to accept it, I have to like it and teach my children and grandchildren to like it too. I don’t want to beat up any one in an alley because of their lifestyle. I don’t want to deny jobs to anyone because of their lifestyle. But I’ll be danged if I think homosexuals should be adopting and raising children - as if children raised in this environment would have much chance of being “straight.” The only certainty for those victimized kids is that they will be mixed up.

Being gay is very popular. Why are gays portrayed on TV as smarter, more “with it”, more attractive, and just a little bit better than heterosexuals if the media hasn’t fallen in lockstep with the gay agenda? Obviously, their agenda is to normalize their aberrant behavior while gathering as many followers as possible. When what someone does in bed is his/her defining characteristic, doesn’t that speak volumes about his/her distorted perspective on life?

Possibly in nature in very rare circumstances a genetic aberration could cause an individual to prefer the same sex. If you look at all mammals, the occurrence would be very rare indeed. Possibly, trauma in the younger years could have the same effect. I can’t tell who cannot help having aberrant preferences and who can. I don’t want to sit in judgment on anyone because I don’t know when it’s a choice and when it is not. But don’t tell me it’s good, healthy, natural, normal, and that I have to like it and embrace it. It's aberrant behavior. That's that.

4 comments:

MT Missy said...

Yes!

The Silly Witch said...

I'm still trying to sort out my thoughts on this. One of my friends has a brother who is "gay." He actually gave her a book about how homosexuality is a socioadaptive disorder. I thought that was interesting, especially coming from a gay guy.

I've known people who struggle with same-sex attraction. And I love them. And I ache for them because it seems pretty lonely since many choose to live celibate lives.

I'm confused about why homosexuals seem to value marriage a lot more then many many heterosexual people.

It's not my choice to determine who gets to have children (Thank goodness!), and I think that sexual orientation is a lame reason to prohibit someone from adopting. There are so many qualities to choose from. I think the sooner we stop making such a big deal over sexual orientation, people will be forced to identify themselves in some other way. People's sex-lives should be a non-issue if they are not hurting anyone else.

So I don't understand homosexuality. It's so outside the box, but I'm willing to live and let live.

Most people that are gay are gay for quite awhile before coming out of the closet which tells me that don't like their identity being based around private sexual behavior so much either.

All I know is I sure wouldn't want to be known for my inability to organize myself and repeatedly carry out simple routines. I want to be known for the moments I serve, the moments I'm kind, the positive thoughts I bring to others.

Unknown said...

Great input. I wonder if this issue will every be sorted out during the duration of this old world. I still believe adoption and chilren should be out for practicing homosexuals. How children raised in an aberrant environment could have a chance at normal relationships is beyond me. Adoption agencies frequently decide who may adopt and who may not.

Unknown said...

I am glad I don't have to judge, but I worry about my children and the uncomfortable discussions and situations they will have to face because everyone want to discuss anothers sexual orientation.