Monday, March 26, 2012

Who Do You Think You Are?

Most of the time, I love the TV program Who Do You Think You Are?  Friday's episode was an interview with a famous, talented, and beautiful actress.  The actress's family was fascinating.  Her ancestors were exemplary people who made fabulous fortunes and took up important causes for the benefit of society.  I liked the actress herself.  Her personality was reserved, and she didn't deck herself out like she was auditioning for a part. Her personal life, though, wasn't one I'd be happy with.  She was living out of wedlock with a man and his son and her daughter. 

As I thought about the actress's impressive roots, I wondered what her ancesters would think of her conduct.  Then I began thinking, "I wonder what my ancestors would think of me."  That thought made me want to cut back on my whining, ramp up my serving, and make progress on my family history project.

1 comment:

MT Missy said...

For the record, I believe your new blog is a beautiful family history project in and of itself. These are experiences that I want my children and grandchildren to smile at and read and really feel like they know their grandma better than I ever knew mine.