Sunday, February 03, 2013

A Visit to Hermione

Looking into the Beartooths from the rim trail

 Hiking Partner Hermione


Where the Phipps trail begins.  Pretty nice of the Phipps Ranch to donate 320 acres for the trail.

This Friday I buzzed down to Billings to visit Hermione.  The snow deserted us so we weren't able to cross country ski.  But I had a great time discovering new trails on some rim rocks on the outside of town.  Since we weren't sure of the trails, what was supposed to be a three mile hike turned into a 5 1/2  mile hike.   Fresh air, breath taking views, good company, what more could I want?

After lunch, we toured the Moss Mansion. http://www.mossmansion.com/index2.html .   It was gorgeous.  After our tour, we went to a few stores (jalapeno fudge anyone?) and had dinner.

A completely enjoyable day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

jalepeno fudge? did you try it! Someday I will get to hike with you guys again! I love the grain field patterns!