Sunday, February 10, 2013

If I Could Live My Life Over


If I could live my life over, I would love people more and criticize them less, if ever.
I would understand that no one is perfect and everyone will let you down sometimes.  I would remember that in spite of my efforts, I let people down too.
I would realize that frustration with others doesn’t change anything, and the there is small likelihood of anyone changing in response to my direction or words.  I would see that people walk their own paths and I may not comprehend their situation, even if think I do.
I would be more loving with my own family and less impatient with them and others.
I would take time to play with my children.
I would give more hugs and laugh more.

If I could live my life over, I would worry much less and have faith much more.
I would not worry about having the approval of other people and concentrate on having God’s approval.
Once a day I would look in the mirror and say to myself, “I am doing the best I can.”  Then I would climb a hill and yell into the wind this message to my imagined critics, “I really don’t give a damn what you think.”
I would forgive myself and others more.  I wouldn't distract myself from feeling bad about myself by dwelling on others’ flaws. I would quickly let go of others’ behavior that I perceive as inappropriate and put that energy into living my own life well.

 If could live my life over, I would remember more often to look for the humor in situations.
I would not compare myself with others and realize everyone looks good at church. 
I would keep in mind that this is earth life and it’s is normal for people, places, and things not to be ideal.  And I wouldn’t be mad about it.
I would remind myself that things will blow over when I made mistakes, and that everyone makes them. 
I would look at the bigger picture when trials came my way and have a sense of excitement about the great things in store for me, just around the corner.
I would remember to look forward, not back.  This day is the first day of the rest of my life.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it Mom! I want to do all of those things too. Ready.. Set.. Go!

The Silly Witch said...

This is good. Today is the first day of the rest of my life!

Prudence said...

I'm going to learn from you and do the best I can!

MT Missy said...

A chance to begin anew each and every day! Very inspirational.