Sunday, May 19, 2013

Wilbur's Rock Collection

While I buzzed down to Billings to have fun with Hermione, Wilbur played with his rock collection.  His rock collection is different than mine.  I keep my rock collection in a shoe box in my closet.  I inherited some of my collection from my Dad, and I bought one or two of my rocks from a store.

Wilbur started his collection last year, using a 9000 lb Telehandler Grade-All forklift. Wilbur's friend, Dave, allowed Wilbur to collect some rocks off his land. Until yesterday,Wilbur kept his collection in a pile next to his shop.

 When collecting rocks, the type of rock is immaterial to Wilbur.  All of his rocks are granite, which is fine with him.  Size and shape are the focus of Wilbur's rock collection.  Yesterday, Wilbur arranged his collection for display.  He is going to let me choose shrubs to accent his display.  When we are done with Wilbur's display, the area around his shop will look far superior to the yard surrounding our home.  It doesn't make sense to me that the shop yard will be so much superior to the yard surrounding our house. Still, I support anything that improves the look of our property.

Wilbur's rock collection, side view

Willbur's rock collection - front view

The Collector

The apple tree in bloom - landscaping I can handle.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The rocks and landscaping looks awesome. I know a couple of grandsons who are going too love it when they visit!

MT Missy said...

And we thought he was sitting around moping because the weather was bad! :)

Evan said...

Oh the things you let Wilbur get away with :-)

Prudence said...

It's beautiful. I love the creativity in our family!