Sunday, May 05, 2013

Art and Me

For the past five years I have taken my Webelos Cub Scouts to the Clay Arts Guild.  Every year the boys surpass me in using the pottery wheel, handbuilding, and glazing.  It is humbling to be over fifty and produce work well below the norm for ten year old boys.  After five years going to the Clay Arts Guild, I have finally produced something recognizable.  The glazing could be better, but I can see a penguin in the work of art.  I'm telling you that it's a penguin in case I happen to be the only person in the universe that can see that it's a penguin.


This years cubs.  The middle boy's Mom says he has taken to posing this way in all his pictures.  She says she could just strangle him.  I think he is trying to be funny.

4 comments:

Prudence said...

Sidni said right away "it's a penguin!" It's really cute!
Good job!

Shelley said...

I knew right away!

MT Missy said...

I knew it too, I think you've created a universally recognizable penguin. :)

Unknown said...

Love it! So cute! Your webelos anti "cheese" is hilarious.