Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Hat

Hermione brought Wilbur a sombrero back from Mexico. It's a pretty sought after item around here. This post is dedicated to the beginning readers in the family.
I have a hat. It is not flat.
I like to wear my big fat hat.

I wear it here. I wear it there.
I like to wear it everywhere

My hat is big. My hat is round.
I wear it when I plow the ground


My hat is grand. It has no smirch.
I wear it when I go to church.


I looked and looked for it one day.
Max had taken it away.
Give it back! It cannot stay!



Orville thought I wouldn’t care if he wore it as a spare.
But sometimes it is hard to share.



Hermione likes to shower with it. She should have known I’d have a fit.
Give me back my hat you nit!


Prairie thought she'd look divine.

She took my hat and spent some time.

Orville and Hermione fight.

To wear the hat they use their might.


Give me back my hat I say!
Now I must take it away!



I have a hat. It is not flat.
I like to wear my big fat hat

4 comments:

MT Missy said...

This is great! One of the things we did in Mexico was adapt simple children's books into the kid's version, with their own pictures in them...that's what this reminds me of. It's so clever and totally cute!!

The Silly Witch said...

Dear Grandma,

I like the pictures and you story. It is fun. I can't wait to see you soon.

Love,

Rebecca

The Silly Witch said...

Mom that was so fun to read. Very clever. I think we should publish it.

Unknown said...

yup I definitly think we should publish it. Kael liked it too!