Sunday, June 15, 2008

Stacy's Garden


I have a planter in which I only plant pink and white flowers. Every summer as I plant my pink and white flowers, I remember Stacy. Pink was Stacy's favorite color. This year, Hermione helped me shop for flowers and planted them for me because my carpal tunnel surgery interfered.

I like to remember how five-year-old Stacy would say, "Grrrrrraaaaandma...." I can still hear her saying it. I remember three-day-old Stacy giving me a HUGE smile as her mother slept after being up all night. And I remember almost two year old Stacy, after I forgot to get milk at the store saying, "We have milk at MY house." While I don't think I ever hurt so much as when we lost her, knowing Stacy added so much to my life. I am grateful for her. And I am grateful we still have her as part of our family.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss her. I like your pink garden and I think it is a great idea! Love you!

Prudence said...

I'm so glad that you remember her by your pink garden.

The Silly Witch said...

I love your pink garden! I miss Stacy, too. And I still hurt a little, but she makes me want to be better in every way, still.

In honor of Stacy, I allow children to pick any flower they want out of my yard. She loved to pick flowers and I used to get so frustrated. Now there is nothing more beautiful to me than a child so in love with a flower that collecting it is automatic.

MT Missy said...

The sunburn was worth the enjoyment I got out of planting it!