Sunday, November 30, 2008

Examples

Can you over-do Gratitude? I hope not. When it comes to family, I hit the jackpot. I am very grateful for all I am learning from you.

I am grateful:

To the Silly witch for taking time to treasure her children and putting the unimportant stuff aside.

To the Warlock for demonstrating how immersing yourself in a job that has to be done makes the job fun.

To our Angel for the privilege of knowing and loving her, even for just a little while.

To Pippi for taking time for the important things, including a salamander swimming in the dog dish, fish swimming in the lake, and horses running in the field.

To Bardo for introducing me to a fabulous confection called “berry milk” which I mistakenly thought was just grape juice.

To Prudence for improving her talents, making new friends, and living life wherever her life is.

To Flash (aka Turkey Legs) for daring to makes his goals a reality.

To Jet for making the most of every waking minute.

To Speed for not knowing the meaning of giving up.

To Mary Sunshine who enjoys the journey.

To Hermione for having the faith to make a decision, confirming it with the man upstairs, and then going for it.

To Eglantine who realized at an early age that life wasn’t worth living if you can’t have a little fun!

To Boris who knows what he wants and does it.

To Peanut who realizes a little stumble is not the end of the world.

To Orville who knows there is no use in getting all riled up. Everything will be fine.

To Eloise, who is not technically family, but who is teaching me to having compassion and kindness towards those outside my family.

And ESPECIALLY to Wilbur who models the qualities one needs to live with me: patience, tolerance, and a good sense of humor. And for having enough sense never to be fanatical about anything.

4 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

Oh Mom! I am thankful for you--for your integrity, for your strength, for the way you love us and love our children SO much. I'm thankful for your thoughtfulness when we are away and when we come to visit. Life just wouldn't be as great without you.

Unknown said...

Thank you Mom. Do you know that I learned how to have fun from you? You always knew the right activities to entertain - hiking, playing in a creek, family softball games, cleaning to music, lunch at the Parrot, trying on hats, craft projects, singing as a family and much, much more!

Deon said...

Happy Thanksgiving! You do have an awesome family and I am so grateful that I got to spend many Thanksgivings with all of you. I have many wonderful memories with your family, thank you.
P.S. I love the picture on the background of your blog. It makes me homesick for Montana, it's so beautiful. There's no place like Montana.

MT Missy said...

I'm thankful to be officially moving out of my apartment next Thursday, and spending some nice time at home!