Sunday, November 09, 2008

Weekly Wanderings


Welcome to the wonderful adventures of Prairie Smoke. In this week's installment Boris and Eglantine moved to a near-by community. Monday Prairie Smoke and Wilbure helped them move. All involved got quite a shock when they saw the apartment that the slum lord, I mean landlord, said was one of the landlord's "nicer properties." I don't even want to think about what one of the less nice properties are like.


Like every week, rain, shine, sleet, hail, sub zero temperatures, sickness, or dead of night will not keep my dog from wanting to make his appointed rounds. He believes I must come along to make his appointed rounds worthwhile.


They say if you live with someone for longer than two weeks, the kind of person she really is will come to light, or dark. Hermione discovered what it is like to live with "she-who-must-not-be-named." She shared some of her experience with me. Plenty of material for a soap opera here I think.

To add to the mystery and gloom of dealing with "she who must not be named," we had three days in a row of fog this week. Rain in November is very odd.


On Thursday, the kitchen cabinets arrived for the studio apartment. It is going to be a nice place to stay.


The appliances for the apartment arrived a few weeks ago.

Wilbur and I spent quality time sealing trim for the apartment. Monday a carpenter is coming to install cupboards and trim.

Thus ends another breath taking installment in the weekly wanderings of Prairie Smoke. Stay tuned for next weeks adventures.

5 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

You sound BUSY! Rebecca told me today that she was ready to go and visit you and dad again. "I really like spending time with Grandma Price," she remarked as she traced a flower she had recently picked and dried. She also spend our afternoon walk collecting stick and imagining how they could be made into Halloween decorations. "Look, I can poke this one into the ground and it will be like a skeleton is trying to shoot out of the dirt." That would be mighty scary if everyone had that thought whenever they saw a stick poking out of the ground...

MT Missy said...

That's a great picture of Max. I can't wait to help you make the rounds with him and see the apartment. Three weeks and counting!

The Silly Witch said...

So, do we get to see the finished product of the deck?

Prudence said...

I can't wait to see the picks of the apartment!

Unknown said...

I love your adventures!